• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Discussion

D

Deleted member

Speaking of the Guardians, now that they rehired James Gunn, will Dave Bautista (who was fought very hard to get James back and even threaten to terminate his contract with Disney) be back for Vol. 3?
Probably.
He wanted to work with Gunn, and now he can.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Speaking of the Guardians, now that they rehired James Gunn, will Dave Bautista (who was fought very hard to get James back and even threaten to terminate his contract with Disney) be back for Vol. 3?
We can assume. He was on the ship when they left with Thor.

I legitimately hope Fat Thor stays a thing through a Guardians movie.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We can assume. He was on the ship when they left with Thor.

I legitimately hope Fat Thor stays a thing through a Guardians movie.
Considering Guardians movies are usually more humorous, I wouldn't be surprised.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I wonder what role will Cassie Lang will play within the future of the MCU now that she is a lot older in the events of Endgame?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay so like here’s an important question

You know how thanos is in Fortnite

Well you probably know where I’m going with that

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did someone say She-Hulk?
View attachment 213277
Because I am all in about seeing her in the MCU in any form.
She should join in Phase 4
Past Nebula was obsessed with impressing Thanos, future Nebula had grown past that and wanted to save the universe. Future Nebula killed past Nebula and didn't phase out of existence because that's not how time travel works.
if only Mortal Kombat had it that lucky
Oh, I understand the reasoning fully. And it fits with his character. It's that character flaw and how it hurt everyone else so exponentially that made me like him less.

I think more like Iron Man, who's pulling the gauntlet off and pleading with him, "LET IT GO, WE'VE ALMOST GOT IT". Because, I mean, once you have the stones, you could theoretically bring her back. They're basically dragonballs. At no point in this whole two movies were they any closer to defeating Thanos than when Quill got mad and punched him in the face. He let his rage win out over the fate of literally half the universe. I wouldn't respect a leader like that.
Soul Stone doesn’t allow the sacrificed to return
Speaking of the Guardians, now that they rehired James Gunn, will Dave Bautista (who fought very hard to get James back and even threaten to terminate his contract with Disney) stay with the cast for Vol. 3?
Yeah. He was only gonna continue to work with Disney in general if Gunn returned (helps that he gets to stay in the MCU since he just retired from WWE, meaning he wouldn’t be continuously doing big things)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do have to say the foreshadowing and lay off for Tony wielding the gauntlet was great. It brings a truly heroic end to his character.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Who else knew that the lone kid at Tony’s funeral was Harley from Iron Man 3?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
1. They changed Ned and MJ surviving the snap just for the sake of Peter dying, still having his best friend, and not having to date some new chick...if only Flash got snapped away
That... doesn't make sense lol. I could have sworn at the end Ned greet Peter and he looks about the same age as Peter, not to mention they still need to go to school.

Maybe we'll see what really happened once Spiderman Far From Home releases, but my guess is they simply explain everyone in Peter Parker's school was affected by the snap.
I wonder what role will Cassie Lang will play within the future of the MCU now that she is a lot older in the events of Endgame?
Speaking of Cassie Lang, where's her mother and step father? I don't know if I have saw them even at Stark's funeral...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also another great thing is the endings for Steve and Tony mirror their starts.

Tony started selfish and not willing to change.

Steve believed in the people and government and that he should always sacrifice whatever is needed for the greater good.

In the end Tony became the hero that made big sacrifices and Steve became a little selfish even if its earned.

It’s a really great parallel

He contributed basically nothing to the fight against Thanos except ruining the original plan to remove the gauntlet from his hand. Had he not been a total jack*** they could've just ended Thanos there.
That's what i thought originally but after rewatching Infinity War i realised that Strange didn't stop Quill from punching Thanos in the face so... in order to get on the right track for the 'Endgame timeline', the 1 out of the 14 million scenarios, Quill had to punch Thanos in the face and ruin the og plan. In other words:
:p
Strange probably saw a scenario (or many) in which they successfully stole the gauntlet from Thanos on Titan but ultimately lost somehow.

But yeah Endgame was truly epic, they really nailed it imo. The 'time heist' idea was pure genius on the Russo brothers' part, a great way to revisit the events of previous movies and bring a ton of opportunities for cool references and callbacks. My favorite part of the heist was the one on Asgard (strangely enough, i've never been a fan of Thor 1 & 2), the chemistry between Thor and Rocket Racoon was just great plus the scene when broken/fat Thor interacts with his mother was so touching (i teared up a little). Chris Hemsworth's acting really shines in this role now that Thor is a more emotionally complex character, like some of you, i really hope we see more of him in the future of the MCU (in Guardians 3 perhaps).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay so like here’s an important question

You know how thanos is in Fortnite

Well you probably know where I’m going with that
And Fortnite is IN Avengers Endgame LOL. We all get that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well the point I was trying to make was that they were trying to avoid any mention of Thanos but like
Maybe that's because Fortnite in their timeline/MCU is likely an outdated game... or the Marvel theme wasn't in the movie lol.

But yeah, that's some minor irony there too.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so i assume gotg 3 is gonna be about

- adam warlock cause revenge
- searching for gamora

also what the **** happened to gamora and how the **** did she leave the planet if tony didnt snap her

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That was a great movie! I loved it! It is such a shame that Iron Man bit the dust at the end. Man, that was sad for me. I also kinda liked what happens to Captain America at the end, getting old and all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That was a great movie! I loved it! It is such a shame that Iron Man bit the dust at the end. Man, that was sad for me. I also kinda liked what happens to Captain America at the end, getting old and all.
yeah but the fact that he does that makes the multiverse theory hulk and nebula backed up completely retconned

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Huh? Forgive me, but what do you mean?
Multiverse theory's a ***** and, as Scott Lang said, "Back to the Future was bull****?".

Basically the fact that he traveled back in time has to mean that he cannot show up in the same universe because he traveled to a parallel one.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm fairly certain I got the right idea.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Multiverse theory's a ***** and, as Scott Lang said, "Back to the Future was bull****?".

Basically the fact that he traveled back in time has to mean that he cannot show up in the same universe because he traveled to a parallel one.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, the multiverse theory can be a bit, ugggghhh...Still, what you said does make sense.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, the multiverse theory can be a bit, ugggghhh...Still, what you said does make sense.

This explains it pretty well, but it still makes absolutely nonsense because she would've had to remember Steve in the original universe back when-

SHE HAD DEMENTIA. GOD DAMMIT RUSSOS YOU SLY SONS OF *******

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

He travels to the same timeline.
The parallel timelines come from a change in the past right

Whiiiich kind of implies that he had already have had done that in the future in the past now

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

This explains it pretty well, but it still makes absolutely nonsense because she would've had to remember Steve in the original universe back when-

SHE HAD DEMENTIA. GOD DAMMIT RUSSOS YOU SLY SONS OF *******
Man, I can tell, that really IS messed up. That must be hard to write into fiction.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He travels to the same timeline.
The parallel timelines come from a change in the past right

Whiiiich kind of implies that he had already have had done that in the future in the past now
That's too many helping verbs to explain to me what you're saying

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's too many helping verbs to explain to me what you're saying
He would have had to have done the time traveling in the past to exist in the past and still have the potential to go back back to the past samurai jack whachaaaaa

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He would have had to have done the time traveling in the past to exist in the past and still have the potential to go back back to the past samurai jack whachaaaaa
yeah

do you know what a helping verb is because you're not solving my problem

use baby words

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
yeah

do you know what a helping verb is because you're not solving my problem

use baby words
I’m intentionally using too many in order to make fun of time travel speak it ain’t rocket science bro

But really though, Cap appeared in the same time line, yeah? Without coming back using the time machine. Which means, when he went back in time, he didn’t accidentally create a branched future and successfully repaired the timeline’s past and patched up the various branches created when they brought the stones to the future, therefore traveling along the same linear time path back to where he departed.

Which means to me at least that staying back in his present time was something that had already happened in the time line- so there was always a really old cap somewhere just kinda waiting

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’m intentionally using too many in order to make fun of time travel speak it ain’t rocket science bro

But really though, Cap appeared in the same time line, yeah? Without coming back using the time machine. Which means, when he went back in time, he didn’t accidentally create a branched future and successfully repaired the timeline’s past and patched up the various branches created when they brought the stones to the future, therefore traveling along the same linear time path back to where he departed.

Which means to me at least that staying back in his present time was something that had already happened in the time line- so there was always a really old cap somewhere just kinda waiting
I think I understand what you are saying. It is hard to explain, or reword, but Cap was always there in old age even before his younger self went back in time. That said, he probably decided to live in that area of time instead of going back once he was done, huh?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

And I guess cause Peggy had dementia, it would explain the "you were gone for so long" thing.

Goddammit Russos and you conveniently directing both of these movies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Saw it earlier today, I liked the movie. Not too many thoughts as I'm still processing everything.

Honestly, didn't care about Fat Thor too much, I preferred his Ragnarok/Endgame look better.

Man, Tom Holland is amazing at emotional scenes.

Gamorra returning brings up questions. If her past self can be brought to the present, what's stopping the Avengers from bringing Black Widow from the past?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Gamorra returning brings up questions. If her past self can be brought to the present, what's stopping the Avengers from bring Black Widow from the past?
Black Widow replaced Gamora as the sacrifice. Therefore, bringing Gamora back wouldn't **** up the alternate universes.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That... doesn't make sense lol. I could have sworn at the end Ned greet Peter and he looks about the same age as Peter, not to mention they still need to go to school.

Maybe we'll see what really happened once Spiderman Far From Home releases, but my guess is they simply explain everyone in Peter Parker's school was affected by the snap.

Speaking of Cassie Lang, where's her mother and step father? I don't know if I have saw them even at Stark's funeral...
It does make sense. Ned looks the same age as Peter due to getting dusted away (same as most of the main cast). Unless he has a fountain of youth and/or failed High School for multiple years, it would be weird to have not retconned him surviving the Decimation...probably should’ve tried wording the previous comment more so you wouldn’t seem confused
Man, Tom Holland is amazing at emotional scenes.
He needs to stop so that I can survive his Spider-Man related movies

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I swear, at the end of the battle after Tony snapped his fingers and Thanos was the only one left. I was like 99% sure Thanos was gonna say "I don't feel so good."

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I swear, at the end of the battle after Tony snapped his fingers and Thanos was the only one left. I was like 99% sure he was gonna say "I don't feel so good."
only words he could barely say after the snap was telling Pepper “I love you”...still sad

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
only words he could barely say after the snap was telling Pepper “I love you”...still sad
I was talking about Thanos

he literally just sat down for 20 seconds

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I swear, at the end of the battle after Tony snapped his fingers and Thanos was the only one left. I was like 99% sure he was gonna say "I don't feel so good."
Even if he doesn't say that, I was damn sure he was "thinking" that he doesn't feel so good lol. Which oh well... to bad we couldn't see Ant Man go through his butt and expand lol.
It does make sense. Ned looks the same age as Peter due to getting dusted away (same as most of the main cast). Unless he has a fountain of youth and/or failed High School for multiple years, it would be weird to have not retconned him surviving the Decimation...probably should’ve tried wording the previous comment more so you wouldn’t seem confused
Yeah, that what I was implying too lol, but you previously sad Ted and MJ "survived" the snap? Yeah I think I just got it wrong...
As how most will speculate, only way they can link up with latter Far From Home is that all of Peter's friends and related ones were dusted away too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Even if he doesn't say that, I was damn sure he was "thinking" that he doesn't feel so good lol. Which oh well... to bad we couldn't see Ant Man go through his butt and expand lol.

Yeah, that what I was implying too lol, but you previously sad Ted and MJ "survived" the snap? Yeah I think I just got it wrong...
As how most will speculate, only way they can link up with latter Far From Home is that all of Peter's friends and related ones were dusted away too.
oh man
peter is still 17
mj is like 23 now

oh god i dont like where this is going

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I swear, at the end of the battle after Tony snapped his fingers and Thanos was the only one left. I was like 99% sure Thanos was gonna say "I don't feel so good."
I like that Peter is the only one to say it as it allows me to headcanon it was his spidersense warning him.

Top Bottom