• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Airsoft or Paintball

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Airsoft ALL THE WAY!

more realistic guns, no frigin paint all over yourself afterwards.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Paintball

1) It is the most versitile and evolved of the two sports. I believe that paintball is the third fastest growing extreme sport and there are hundreds of venues to play at in the US. On the issue of versitality in paintball, you have the choice of woods(rec)ball, speedball, and scenario ball. If you ever get bored of one you can try another. Theyre almost completely different types of play. If a milsim type game is what you crave try the scenaio games. There's no experience like two teams of 1000 fighting over a big city (search "Blanding scenario game"). You cant get this in airsoft because it hasnt grown enough. There are far more scenario paintball events than airsoft. If the guns arent real enough for you then youre not looking hard enough. Check out tippmann's new line of X-7s, Smart Part's SP8, or even check out the AT line from GetRealPaintball. My teamate just got an AT and it is incredible. It has realistic recoil and sound.

2) Less cheating. If im hit with a paintball and it breaks, it's clear that im out. If im hit in a firefight by an airsoft pellet i could ignore it and continue shooting at you because you couldnt prove it. Although i probably wouldnt because im a stand up guy. Even though you may not cheat, there are people that will. Also if you have a problem getting a little paint on yourself, dont get shot, or atleast man up a bit.

3)Paintball guns are easier to fix and upgrade. Most paintball guns nowadays have all kinds of ways to customize your gun whether it be for preformance or cosmetics. Airsoft companies are normally located somewhere in Asia. Good luck getting some customer service there. Most paintball companies are located here in the good ol' US of A. Im not saying all paintball companies have perfect customer service but atleast I know I can call Smart Parts to get some spare parts to fix my Ion. Which brings me to my next point. Most paintball guns are simple enough to be fixed and maintained by anyone or durable enough to never break at all (see 98 Custom or Pro Carbine).

which one is better airsoft or paintball. give your reasons
3. we get to wear cammo and have it look sexy
Oh WE make it look sexy.

Our team Capt.

Me. Oh and we also make banana suits sexy too.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
which one is better airsoft or paintball. give your reasons

I say airsoft
1. realistic
2. no mess
3. we get to wear cammo and have it look sexy
airsoft is far better! plus it hurts more, adding to the realism... also, paintball is more expensive in most cases...

@Vulpine

What country do you live in? Because airsoft is extremely developed in Europe and Asia... the US is really one of the few countries that prefers paintball for the most part.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
@Vulpine

What country do you live in? Because airsoft is extremely developed in Europe and Asia... the US is really one of the few countries that prefers paintball for the most part.
Like I said paintball is the third fastest growing extreme sport in the us. I'll find the study later. The west coast is dominated by speedball/xball. While the east is rather mixed. The scenario game is a bit more popular in the central and southern US.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
These sports really aren't my thing, so I won't rag on it. But, I cannot stand airsoft guns. My friends like to pull 'em out and shoot me every once in a while. >_< I don't care if y'all call me a pansy. Those lil' plastic *******s hurt, ugh.

PkFirefox

Smash Rookie
Paintball, definitely. Airsoft doesn't involve as much tactics and what in the world are you talking about when you say Airsoft hurts more? Paintball has a lot more pain involved. In Airsoft it only hurts if you death charge someone and get hit at a super close range. Paintball hurts at almost any distance. The only downsides: harder for a casual game and it's more expensive than Airsoft. Besides, it's easy for noobs to cheat in Airsoft.

Oh, and in paintball you look just as good in camo as in airsoft, if not better because it means life or death in woodsball. Take it from someone who was stupid enough to paintball in an orange hoodie.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Crazy tactics. That's right. You better watch out cause they're using crazy tactics.
Hey man, if using a naked accordion salesman as a diversion isn't crazy, then I don't want to be not insane.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
What's the point of this argument? Both sports are ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME THING! Seriously, the only difference is the projectile. We should be talking about our experiences and having a good time instead of arguing. I've played both sports and I think both are great. I myself own a gun for and usually play airsoft because it's cheaper (which means more money for video-games, my main hobby), and it's what more of my friends do, but I've rented paintball guns for paintballing on a few occasions.

I don't see any huge advantages or disadvantages for either sport, however, I like my 130 BB ammo capacity (I have 2 magazines that hold that, which can easily be switched in less than 3 seconds), thank you very much. I don't have the problem of people not going out when hit, the group I airsoft with has honor.

Also, WTF to the guy who says airsoft hurts more, you haven't been hit by a paintball gun on bare skin at 10 feet. Not fun, the whole area that was hit was bleeding, and paint getting in the wound hurt a lot. I had a scab for a month. On the other hand, my friend has gone full auto on me at close range with his 400 fps airsoft gun, and it stopped hurting after about 5 minutes.

PkFirefox

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the group I usually Airsoft/Paintball with (more often paintball) usually doesn't cheat, but sometimes when they invite over a stupid friend to play they wear a gigantic fluffy coat so that the pellets just bounce off the pansy.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
lol, you need to just shoot them with their padding off when they least expect it to break them in. Actually, the first time I played either shooting sport was paintballing, and I wore shorts and a T-shirt. Everyone else wore padding or at least long sleeves. About 2/3 the people there were first-timers though. I felt pretty hardcore, lol. I regretted it when I got shot (the aforementioned 10 ft bare skin shot), but up until then I felt hardcore.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
A lot of people prefer Airsoft over Paintball because the guns are more realistic and supposedly its more accurate and I think cheaper.

I prefer Paintball because its what I played first and just.. Like it better. I haven't played in a few years, though I do want to go back. Now a days its just whomever has the most money wins since they can sling the most paint around.

-Onyx

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Now a days its just whomever has the most money wins since they can sling the most paint around.
I never though about that. For $120 plus $10 or more for 5,000 BB's, you can have an airsoft gun that's good enough to compete with people with insanely expensive guns. My gun was like $100 dollars and I buy cheap BB's and am able to play almost evenly with people with $200 guns and top of the line BB's (although they do have a bit of an advantage). Makes you wonder if all the expensive stuff is worth it, at least in airsoft, lol. You can't really go above a certain fps or you'll cause injuries.

PkFirefox

Smash Rookie
Not when we play. It definitely helps, but mostly it's all in the tactics and skill. The amount of paint isn't as much of a factor as accuracy. Faster shots help but more accurate shots are better. (And range is important)

Top Bottom