• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zel............................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuCKy

Smash Master
why do people call him gay?.......................................nothing more just give me some real reasons someone please tell me?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Usually people call people gay because they either A: Eat too much ****, B: Give too much **** to the wrong gender, or C: Take too much **** while being the wrong gender.

But in all actuality its because Zel plays fox and you innately get called gay for playing a good fox.

Metà

Smash Master
I believe he has done fairly well, don't know if he ever won any. He is ranked 6th in SoCal (last time I checked anyway). People don't like how he made a vid called "Shined Blind", because he gets too much praise for it. He is actually a very good player, and he has gotten a lot better since then (over a year ago). It's funny, because he never bragged about it, but people act like he did. Zel is good, not the best, but dam.n good. Respect the Zelgadis.

*_*

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
well, from what i know, zel basically can only waveshine, and thats basically his whole strategy. i have never heard anyone call him gay, but i know many people saying he sucks, which i think is true. I doubt it would be hard to beat him compared to people like CKit or especially any of the top foxes (KDJ, M2K, Chillen, ect). 6th in SoCal isnt that great i dont think. That puts him behind who exactly? Isnt Ken/Isai NoCal?

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
actually zelgadis is norcal as is isai. Ken on the other hand is in socal. Sure
6th in norcal isnt that great compared to the likes of M2K, KDJ, an Chillen but i think it means alot more than not even being on the norcal top 25 list.

Even tho he recently moved to AZ i think.

Metà

Smash Master
well, from what i know, zel basically can only waveshine, and thats basically his whole strategy. i have never heard anyone call him gay, but i know many people saying he sucks, which i think is true. I doubt it would be hard to beat him compared to people like CKit or especially any of the top foxes (KDJ, M2K, Chillen, ect). 6th in SoCal isnt that great i dont think. That puts him behind who exactly? Isnt Ken/Isai NoCal?
Only waveshining? Have you ever watched any of his videos? And by videos, I mean matches, not zomg "SHINED BLIND" and "DBR EVOLUTION". I have a lot of his videos saved on my computer, and he's pretty dam.n good, tech ability aside. Zel has very quick reaction speed, and is quite a consistent player. He does way more than just waveshine, believe me. And also, don't say he's easy to beat if you haven't played him.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
well ive played some really good fox's in my area and if all they did was try to shine me and waveshine me... i would own them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Only waveshining? Have you ever watched any of his videos? And by videos, I mean matches, not zomg "SHINED BLIND" and "DBR EVOLUTION". I have a lot of his videos saved on my computer, and he's pretty dam.n good, tech ability aside. Zel has very quick reaction speed, and is quite a consistent player. He does way more than just waveshine, believe me. And also, don't say he's easy to beat if you haven't played him.
yes i have seen some of his vids. he doesnt play fox in the way that i think is most effective. most of what he does seems like he wants to get them into a shine to do something. Its like the shine is an appetizer but zel is trying to serve it as the main course.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Zelgadis is probably the reason why all noob fox players have no idea how to edge guard.

Metà

Smash Master
yes i have seen some of his vids. he doesnt play fox in the way that i think is most effective. most of what he does seems like he wants to get them into a shine to do something. Its like the shine is an appetizer but zel is trying to serve it as the main course.
That's because it is. Zel uses it effectively enough that he can use it for 50% of the attacks he uses in a fight. And it works very well against some characters.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Just because his combo vids are shinespikes and WS doesn't mean he doesn't knows $hit.

Look up for other matches, like it or not his Fox's good.

And by gay do you mean Homosexual or a cheap dude that gimps too much?

OmegaXangel

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he's that bad. Idk, he has bad DI, sorry to say, but that's about it. He's still a known smasher that uses the shine pretty effectively. A point where someone would call him "gay". Well I think a lot of other fox users are better than him, but zel is still a tounry level fox user, just doesn't compare as well to ken, isai, m2k, etc. Idk, I personally like Isai and Javi the best. I find their Foxes to be pretty **** good. Oh, and I guess Zel uses the shine a bit over the avergae foxer. Well, his isn't boring to watch, I guess.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
That's because it is. Zel uses it effectively enough that he can use it for 50% of the attacks he uses in a fight. And it works very well against some characters.
its not that he uses the shine ineffectively, its the fact that the shine isnt the most effective move to use. It does 5 damage, and pushes them down and away. if it wasnt for wavedashes, it would probably be considered the worst comboing move in the game. Even with it, you have basically 2 options on most characters: grab or usmash. On somechars you get a 3rd option, another shine.

waveshining only works against 1 tourney level char; peach. You cannot waveshine a ganon or cf that knows how to DI.

The only reason he is a known fox is because he has 2 combo vids that are flashy and well known. That doesnt make him a good fox.

what brookman meant by his post was that noobs watch zel and think he is good, and do what he does (aka shinespike) which isnt the most effect edgeguard most of the time.

gtfo

Smash Apprentice
Zelgadis is a cool guy, good player, with a very flashy style of play. But someone has to take him to a hair salon. The guy has some funky hair. :)

Metà

Smash Master
1: its not that he uses the shine ineffectively, its the fact that the shine isnt the most effective move to use. It does 5 damage, and pushes them down and away. if it wasnt for wavedashes, it would probably be considered the worst comboing move in the game.

2: Even with it, you have basically 2 options on most characters: grab or usmash. On somechars you get a 3rd option, another shine.

3: waveshining only works against 1 tourney level char; peach. You cannot waveshine a ganon or cf that knows how to DI.

4: The only reason he is a known fox is because he has 2 combo vids that are flashy and well known. That doesnt make him a good fox.
Alright, I'll go through your post point by point.

1: I have not seen him use it in any situation where another move would do better. There's a reason the shine is the best move in the game. It's an all-purpose move. It kills/edgeuards/combos/reflects. The shine is half of Fox's game. Maybe not for everyone, but most Fox players will tell you that he's nothing without his shine.

2: There are way more variations on that. Sometimes you don't even need to follow up with an attack. If you're playing defensive and just want to get them off of you, this move is perfect. Also, you can infinite on some stages, which is pwnage. And you can follow up a shine with so many moves, and people always come up with inventive ways to use it. Shine --> illusion is a consecutive hits combo, that works on the floaty characters, like Luigi. Shine --> jab reset works on characters who fall down after the shine. There are too many to list, really.

3: Um, are you forgetting Link and CF? Yeah, I thought so. Also, I can waveshine Samus, Ganon, Bowser, pretty much any character that doesn't fall down and isn't Luigi. I'm not trying to brag, but it's really not that hard. It just takes fast fingers and daily practice. Also, there are only a few frames in which to SDI, and most people just don't have the timing down. And there is no way any Ganon can escape a perfect waveshine.

4: Two flashy combo videos doesn't make him a good Fox. Well, it certainly doesn't make him a bad Fox. If people really want to judge how good someone is, watch their recent matches (not matches from a tourney 3 years ago) or play against the person. Zel is a fine Fox player, and he's better than most of the cocky noobs on this board who trash talk him. In no way am I saying he's up there with M2K or KDJ, I'm just saying Zelgadis is a professional smasher, by any meaning of the term.

I'm just trying to defend the guy's reputation here. He's a modest player and a great smasher, and I believe a lot of people here should give him the respect he deserves.

Peace.

Brookman

Smash Hero
After this thread I've decided to start waveshine comboing again, cause, well, it's free damage, I don't know why I ever stopped. It's also quite annoying. I'm also going to learn how to chain grab perfectly.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
If CF can't be waveshined comboed, how come I've seen Zel do it against Isai straight off the stage?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Who said falcon can't be Waveshined? He's one of the easiest to rapeshine combo into an edge guard

Brookman

Smash Hero
ah, I see. CF doesn't go much farther than peach, link is simple, zelda/sheik are easy. Also, if you DO notice that someone is smash DIing your shine upsmash them after a drill instead of shining, that will throw them off a whole lot.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
I'll have to remember that :) Although I've been perfecting my waveshining skill in training mode, I have yet to actually test it against someone who knows what they're doing and who knows how to DI.

Metà

Smash Master
Hell, I've pulled waveshines on Luigi (only once, consecutive hits in training: 2). Basically, anyone who doesn't fall can be waveshine comboed. People who do fall down, you can jab reset them if they don't tech. This leads to the legendary Thunders' Combo, and sometimes another free shine, yayuhhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom