• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming Smash Bros. Predictions

SamusMain2018

Smash Rookie
NEW CHARACTERS

Imposter [Among Us]
Barret [Final Fantasy VII]
E.M.M.I. [Metroid]
Leon Kennedy [Resident Evil]
Bandana Dee [Kirby]
Shovel Knight [Treasure Trove]
Sans [Undertale]
Lara Croft [Tomb Raider]
Rodin [Bayonetta]
Doom Slayer [Doom]
Dracula [Castlevania]
Gengar [Pokémon]
Chell [Portal]

NEW ECHOS

Luis Sera (Leon, Resident Evil)
Octoling (Inkling, Splatoon)
Owain Dark (Chrom, Fire Emblem)
Alucard (Dracula, Castlevania)
Funky Kong (Donkey Kong, DKC)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong, DKC)
Ankha (Isabelle, Animal Crossing)
Kid Cobra (MinMin, ARMS)
Shepherd (Olimar, Pikmin)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Did you want to elaborate on why you predict these characters? Not that I'd be opposed to any of them, but the reasoning behind choices is always welcome.

That said I will be contesting the predictions.

Chrom is already an echo, so I don't see them making an echo for an echo. That and I don't see them going for a 4th Awakening character when we currently have Engage and will likely be off the heel of another remake and a new entry by the time the next Smash actually happens.

Dracula is an interesting choice but making Alucard an echo of him seems rather odd as well given they don't really fight like each other at all.

Ankha's a pretty popular AC character, but most of the demand for another AC rep tends to lean towards Tom Nook. Moreover, given Ankha's personality, putting her over Isabelle's move set would seem a bit jarring imo.

As much as I like Luis, I don't see them picking him as fighter, even as an echo. RE4 is incredibly popular sure, but Luis as a character isn't that big within RE as a whole.

I don't see much demand for a 2nd Bayo rep either, the little that there is tends to be for Jeanne as an echo.

Gen 1 Pokemon like Gengar remain popular to this day, but similar to FE, I don't see them going back to Gen 1 when they'll likely be looking to promote Gen9/10.

A third FF7 rep over any other FF or Square Enix character in general would probably be pretty divisive. (Yet, I honestly see this one as more likely than a lot of your other choices given the ongoing FF7 remake and Square's desire to promote anything FF7 related since it's their cash cow. More likely provided Nintendo is willing to go for it that is. Given the headache that was licensing Cloud and Seph already, there's plenty of incentive for Square but less so for Nintendo at this point imo.)

Similar to Undertale and Shovel Knight in Ultimate, I could see Among Us getting some form of content, but I kind of doubt they'd get playable representation right away.

I really like the idea of the EMMI, but I don't know if there's much demand for it over someone like Raven Beak if we're sticking to Dread. Plus as with other series, we may have other contenders for the spot by the time the next Smash is on the horizon. Support for Sylux has dwindled for example, but I could see a resurgence once we finally get more info on Prime 4.

As much I'd love for Lara (the classic version) to get into Smash, I don't know if I really see her as likely. I don't think she's off the table, but I still think she'd be lower priority than reps from companies already in Smash. Sega, Capcom, Konami, Namco, SNK, and Square still have plenty of solid choices. If anything, not being a Square Enix property anymore could potentially have hurt her chances. Or improved it, given how little SE seemed to care for it. I'm honestly 50-50 on this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom