• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plz rate my Kirby too

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, this weekend there was a small smash tourney at my house and we really made it to record some stuff ^^

But the uploading of the vids really pisses me off...Wrong size,wrong name, wrong file, wrong quality...:dizzy: After 2 hours I managed to upload 2 small videos :D

So here is my Kirby, please rate and give me some tips ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXs1pAUKp04&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HwLzOqV0k0&feature=channel_page

I´m playing him now for about 1 month, this was the first time I really fight some other players. So please be patient ;)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You need to work on short hopping quite a bit, it looks like you were struggling with it a bit.

Don't waste your jumps, ever, especially not against marth. There were a few times when you just floated up for no reason and left yourself with almost nothing. Very dangerous, you were lucky you weren't punished for it.

You need to follow up out of Dair faster. If you manage to actually land one then it's usually easy to follow up with a tilt or grab(depending on Smash DI) but you seemed to sort of just sit there when you landed one.

More critiquing later, work now.

Don't use Dair as an edge guard that close to the stage. Good players will easily be able to meteor cancel it at low damages. Use Dtilt instead, it has enough knockback to the point where you can just keep doing it until they die :D

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
You need to work on short hopping quite a bit, it looks like you were struggling with it a bit.

Don't waste your jumps, ever, especially not against marth. There were a few times when you just floated up for no reason and left yourself with almost nothing. Very dangerous, you were lucky you weren't punished for it.

You need to follow up out of Dair faster. If you manage to actually land one then it's usually easy to follow up with a tilt or grab(depending on Smash DI) but you seemed to sort of just sit there when you landed one.

More critiquing later, work now.

Don't use Dair as an edge guard that close to the stage. Good players will easily be able to meteor cancel it at low damages. Use Dtilt instead, it has enough knockback to the point where you can just keep doing it until they die :D
Thanks for the critique :)

Yeah it´s kinda obvious that I´m jumping around sometimes for no reason.I´ll try to avoid this.It´s because I´m playing too aggressive at the moment, I wanna do something in every situation,but Kirby should be played more defensive I guess...

After the Dair I don´t know in which direction I should run to catch up with my foe.I should get better reaction and reading because of the DI.

Hm, if the Dair hits more than one time it should be a good thing to edgeguard with it ?! I mean you can pull your enemy down,he trys to meteor cancel,but in the end he´s too far away from the edge.Against Link it has worked very well.It´s about the right timing.

The Dtilt...Is this a good edgeguard against marth?He can hit you with his up-B through the stage of course.But if Kirby croaches it...

@Taj: <3

:D

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I really should stat recording again. Dtilt is an absolutely amazing edgeguard against Marth. I believe it has more range than Marth's Dtilt(just because of how many times I've seemed to out range marth with it)

Dair wont work at low damages that close to the edge against good people. They'll either learn to just wait a few extra moments for the attack to end or smash DI out of it and just up be into your face.

Also, do what taj tells you and learn to Inhale better. If you can, play Tai, he's terrible at avoiding it :laugh:

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
ok, I´ll check out the Dtilt as edgeguard ;)

at low % the Dair isn´t the perfekt edgeguard thats right;but at high %...

how the **** should I lern to inhale better? :D which moves are a good setup for a swallow? xD

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Super Taj, with the amazing ability to make complete bullsh*t work in a single game!!
how the **** should I lern to inhale better? :D which moves are a good setup for a swallow? xD
Well, one thing you can do is jab reset.

Anytime somebody misses a tech in your face, jab -> swallow. Guarenteed.

So anytime somebody misses the d.throw tech, jab -> swallow.

You can also jab reset into other stuff at higher percents (Jab -> SS Hammer ... LIKE A BOSS)

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
hm,but this would only do good work if I´m right near the edge?! in the middle of the stage,why should I inhale somebody? If it´s a character with a useless neutral-b thats not really a killer-tehnique...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
um, if they miss a tech anywhere, they missed the tech. You inhale because it beat shield. And heck, if you didnt want to inhale, you can jab -> whatever (like I said), you just have to actually time those.

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
hm,so there aren´t good openings for an inhale? =/ It depends on the weight of the foe, the DI, the %...but there should be some situations where its very useful...what if a marth tries to sweetspot and you´re jumping offstage and do a swallow reverse?If it´s spaced well he won´t hit you,but you can swallow him...And if he does the up-B faster he won´t grab the edge...Just a thought...

Top Bottom