• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help:Command Grab on Zair?

Nuthilo

Smash Cadet
So I'm trying to reassign the grab hitbox (samus') from the zair to characters instead of ledges... I tried readjusting size and hitbox and hurtbox interactions, but no luck. Help me plz (I'm using crazyhand)

Thanks
~A Pichu Main

PS: Why does Samus' tether put her in special fall??

Zadamanim

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure about the first part but you can change the special fall thing in Move Logic, there's information about that somewhere on the forums.

The first part I don't really know if it's possible, since samus doesn't have the ability to grab people in the air. There are certain characters that do, mainly Falcon, Ganondorf, Bowser, and DK, but those states work differently from a normal grab.

Last edited:

jjhoho

Smash Rookie
Command grabs are bs tbh, I'm pretty sure you can't jank them together. Your first steps towards trying would be to add release data to the zair, and probably also throw data, although i don't know if that works. Without other states though, I'm pretty sure this would just glitch them inside of you ala the soul eater glitch. I wonder if you could copy someone like Falcons move logic from Up-B? Or whatever else make people enter CaptureCaptain.

Last edited:

The Cape

Smash Master
I'm not sure about the first part but you can change the special fall thing in Move Logic, there's information about that somewhere on the forums.

The first part I don't really know if it's possible, since samus doesn't have the ability to grab people in the air. There are certain characters that do, mainly Falcon, Ganondorf, Bowser, and DK, but those states work differently from a normal grab.
Kirby, Mewtwo, and Yoshi can grab in the air. How can DK?

jjhoho

Smash Rookie
Kirby, Mewtwo, and Yoshi can grab in the air. How can DK?
He can't, but he can hold you in the air, which is the important part and probably what they meant.

That said... Since DK already has the important parts of a command grab, giving HIM one isn't likely all that hard actually

The Cape

Smash Master
He can't, but he can hold you in the air, which is the important part and probably what they meant.

That said... Since DK already has the important parts of a command grab, giving HIM one isn't likely all that hard actually
Can be his aerial down B likely.

Top Bottom