• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have a theory.

Jason was supposed to be announced at the NHL collab, but for some reason, he wasn't quite ready yet.
Did the NHL collab feature any GOT or R&M characters? Cuz if not I have an alternative theory where Jason was supposed to be announced but was deemed too violent for something that's essentially just Warner's version of those SpongeBob and Toy Story football match overlays

darkvortex

Smash Lord
between the watchmen poster in the devs office and the watchmen Ring out that was leaked ages ago I honestly think a watchmen rep could happen

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So, if speculation were based on the office pictures, Matrix, Watchmen, and Mortal Kombat would in consideration, right?

The third picture (the one with the Watchmen poster) has John Tobias in it. He's the co-creator of Mortal Kombat.

I don't believe in the office pictures meaning anything, but it's neat to see things like this pop up outside Smash speculation.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, if speculation were based on the office pictures, Matrix, Watchmen, and Mortal Kombat would in consideration, right?

The third picture (the one with the Watchmen poster) has John Tobias in it. He's the co-creator of Mortal Kombat.

I don't believe in the office pictures meaning anything, but it's neat to see things like this pop up outside Smash speculation.
Well MK is no surprise, it was always just a matter of time.

Watchmen is very intriguing, I wonder who they'll choose. I think Dr. Manathan is the most popular one, but I feel like his powers might be hard to translate in a fighting games, so they might go with Rorschach.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
God that would be so lame. Imagine introducing a massive pick like that in somewhere as random as the NHL collab.
I think it's because Jason wears a hockey mask so there's like that thematic connection or something like that

between the watchmen poster in the devs office and the watchmen Ring out that was leaked ages ago I honestly think a watchmen rep could happen
I wonder how the inclusion of Doctor Manhattan in a game where he can fight Bugs Bunny and Velma Dinkley would affect Moore's spellcasting? Also, I never actually heard about that, but the idea of you getting flashbanged by a giant psychic squid when you get K.O.'d is really funny to me somehow

Well MK is no surprise, it was always just a matter of time.

Watchmen is very intriguing, I wonder who they'll choose. I think Dr. Manathan is the most popular one, but I feel like his powers might be hard to translate in a fighting games, so they might go with Rorschach.
I reckon they could probably work out a way to do Doctor Manhattan if they toned him down a little, though I'd personally be kind of shocked if they included Rorschach for numerous reasons - I can imagine it, he's become decently iconic - but there'd be so many issues with his inclusion in a game of this age rating. Then again, they could always go with someone from the 2019 series everyone forgot about, or even make him more appropriate using the swearing toggle

Like, Manhattan but arguably also V or Constantine all feel more palettable as Moore creations if they were desperate to delve into his own DC catalogue?

To be honest, I feel like it'd be more likely for them to actually include the Question, and then give him a Rorschach costume - but I really don't think Question would be high on the Charlton list when you consider there's still Peacemaker to cross-promote later down the line.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think it's because Jason wears a hockey mask so there's like that thematic connection or something like that

I wonder how the inclusion of Doctor Manhattan in a game where he can fight Bugs Bunny and Velma Dinkley would affect Moore's spellcasting? Also, I never actually heard about that, but the idea of you getting flashbanged by a giant psychic squid when you get K.O.'d is really funny to me somehow

I reckon they could probably work out a way to do Doctor Manhattan if they toned him down a little, though I'd personally be kind of shocked if they included Rorschach for numerous reasons - I can imagine it, he's become decently iconic - but there'd be so many issues with his inclusion in a game of this age rating. Then again, they could always go with someone from the 2019 series everyone forgot about, or even make him more appropriate using the swearing toggle

Like, Manhattan but arguably also V or Constantine all feel more palettable as Moore creations if they were desperate to delve into his own DC catalogue?

To be honest, I feel like it'd be more likely for them to actually include the Question, and then give him a Rorschach costume - but I really don't think Question would be high on the Charlton list when you consider there's still Peacemaker to cross-promote later down the line.
I feel like they might want to not include Rorschach due to his um

Well let's just say he's one of those "You miss the point by idolizing them" kinda characters that insights some pretty bad people.

As for Doctor Manhattan, maybe one of his abilities could involve like an irradiated debuff on enemies.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I feel like they might want to not include Rorschach due to his um

Well let's just say he's one of those "You miss the point by idolizing them" kinda characters that insights some pretty bad people.

As for Doctor Manhattan, maybe one of his abilities could involve like an irradiated debuff on enemies.
Honestly yeah I was having a similar thought process given some of his, ahem, characterisation

That said, Doctor Manhattan could probably be made to work! You could probably give him a decent variety of moves and I'm sure there's enough potential for him, it might just feel a little odd if he gets killed by like Marvin the Martian lol

I'd personally say it'd be really cool if he had a teleportation move but with a visual effect that makes him look like he's "disassembling" his body into a skeleton, kinda like the visual effects in Snyder's Watchmen film - obviously they couldn't do it in too much detail but I feel like him manifesting as a nervous system, then a skeleton, then fully formed would be a really cool bit of visual flair

Also completely unrelated but I just had a weird thought. With discussion around Pickle Rick being pretty commonplace as well as the obvious elephant in the room being UI Shaggy, it's pretty clear that literal "meme picks" aren't off the table - do you think there's a genuine possibility of Batman recieving a "Man" skin to represent the iconic Arkham Aslume series?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly yeah I was having a similar thought process given some of his, ahem, characterisation

That said, Doctor Manhattan could probably be made to work! You could probably give him a decent variety of moves and I'm sure there's enough potential for him, it might just feel a little odd if he gets killed by like Marvin the Martian lol

I'd personally say it'd be really cool if he had a teleportation move but with a visual effect that makes him look like he's "disassembling" his body into a skeleton, kinda like the visual effects in Snyder's Watchmen film - obviously they couldn't do it in too much detail but I feel like him manifesting as a nervous system, then a skeleton, then fully formed would be a really cool bit of visual flair

Also completely unrelated but I just had a weird thought. With discussion around Pickle Rick being pretty commonplace as well as the obvious elephant in the room being UI Shaggy, it's pretty clear that literal "meme picks" aren't off the table - do you think there's a genuine possibility of Batman recieving a "Man" skin to represent the iconic Arkham Aslume series?

I'm not too sure about Arkham aslume, I think it's not a mainstream meme enough to be seriously considered. On that topic tho, according to PapaGenos source Big Chungus might come eventually.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
I heard somewhere (might have been this thread) the game was pitched to Netflix and Disney as well, though. Did it start as a WB pitch first and they had back up pitches just in case?
Netflix would've been a strange partner to go for this concept with, I feel like they don't really have a unified brand image with all their originals. Warner Bros. arguably doesn't have as unified a brand as Disney either, but I think they're still more iconic than what Netflix has got.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also I can't help but find the idea of Universal's just being like, Marty McFly, a realistic T-Rex, six different Minions with unique movesets, and Jason Bourne pretty funny
Not just those.

Blumhouse Productions such as M3gan and Michael Myers
Bourne Identity
Cocaine Bear
E.T. the Extraterrestrial
Jaws
King Kong
DreamWorks Animation (HTTYD, Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, etc.)
The Blues Brothers
The Fast and the Furious
The Land Before Time
The Mummy
Waterworld
Woody Woodpecker
Universal Monsters

Lol. Dom Toretto vs. Littlefoot.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've read some sources saying that potential voice lines for Daenarys and the Hound were leaked last year.

Is there any truth to this and/or is the info outdated?

Last edited:
Top Bottom