• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lunging/Gliding Shield Breaker?

VoDkAvi

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to recreate what I did but I was charging a Shieldbreaker in the air with Marth and instead of just doing the move when I landed I glided through the air and lunged towards the person trying to space away from the usual hit box of it.

Anyone know how to do this technique?

DarkPit12

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to recreate what I did but I was charging a Shieldbreaker in the air with Marth and instead of just doing the move when I landed I glided through the air and lunged towards the person trying to space away from the usual hit box of it.

Anyone know how to do this technique?
Jump in the air two times with Marth, and press and hold the B button as fast as humanly possible at the end of your second jump. If you timed it...uh, in time, Marth will fully charge his Shield Breaker just before he hits the ground. Marth should propel himself across the ground if you did it right.

NOTE: You do NOT have to do the jumping part in the air. Just the ground. Remember: Fully charge your Shield Breaker, or else you're not going anywhere. I call the technique Lunging/Planking Shield Breaker because it's possible to camp/plank with this technique. Enjoy stalling out your opponent. I can teach you the planking technique, if you'd like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom