• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Wolf Objectively worse than Fox/Falco?

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Is Wolf Objectively worse than Fox/Falco, or is it just that the prior two have had so much more time to develop their metagame? I ask because most speculative tier lists have wolf placed below the other spacies, and even puts him in a lower tier entirely in several brackets.

Thoughts?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I think wolf is better than falco and on par with fox.

He's his own unique spacie, with different neutral and punish games. He's a lot more flexible and more mobile than falco.

Its hard to put my thought on the subject into words, but It comes down to the fact that everything in wolf's kit is built to be flexible. His whole kit can combo into itself as long as he reacts to the DI/differing hitboxes on his moves.

I might try again later to explain it better.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
I think Wolf is probably better than Falco (but loses to him, imo) but there's no way he's on par or better than Fox. Wolf has nothing on uthrow uair, Fox's shine, or usmash, let alone Fox's other positive traits.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Better than Falco, but doesn't have the pure kill potential that Fox has or the utility of Fox's shine. But Wolf is still a hell of a lot more fun to play.

Top Bottom