• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would 64 and Brawl Kirby fair in Melee?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Eh. Curious question. Would either be near the top? Would they be with Melee Kirby at the bottom?

Go........

Note: They gain Melee's airdodge and L-cancel, and are effected by Meler's general hitstun

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Well, assuming that the hitstun from their moves transferred over, and 64 Kirby could Z-cancel... 64 Kirby would be up there with Fox and Sheik while Brawl Kirby would probably be even worse than his Melee counterpart.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
well, if you adjust the hitstun to melee, s64 kirby gets nerfed because s64 is just 1 big combo.

where as brawl kirby might become broke tier because kirby already has some low% guarenteed combos in brawl, but now you're actually giving him real hitstun to go with it.

I dunno.

rhan

Smash Hero
All Brawl sprites are bigger. So Brawl Kirby would take up like 1/4 of Final destination. He'll be the most floatiest character. He'll be slow. He wouldn't be able to L cancel or wavedash. He'll fail.

BUT 64 Kirby would be amazing.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Brawl Kirby would probably be a little bit worse than Melee Kirby >.>

His Fthrow->Uair combo only works due to very low falling speeds, in Melee most characters could land and CC the hit before it happens. His Utilt knockback is too great to combo out of at higher damages and his Uair is ********. I would take a quick kill move over a move that only combo's at really low damages. Hammer becomes pretty much as useless as characters are now fast enough in the air and on the ground to avoid such a slow attack.

SSB Kirby would be absolute ****. His Dair is instant meaning it no longer has to be spaced, his Fair would more than likely act like Fox's Dair, only escapable by Smash DI. His lack of a good Uair is :( but a sex kick is always good. His loss of a forward B is rather meaningless considering how **** the Hammer is.

rhan

Smash Hero
Lol no fair. Now I have to think about this topic...

Lets see.

Brawl Kirby has bigger feet so all the feet moves would get a fairly bigger hitbox. His hammer in the air would be kinda broken since he could auto cancel it fairly fast. The hammer will be used as a better way to recover. His dash attack would be good if it traped them inside it (sorta like Young Link's up B grounded).

64 Kirby would be broken. His dair would be like Falco's. Dash attack will be like jigg's with higher knockback. His Nair is like Jiggs. His fair would be a great combo starter. Also since on the 64 Kirby's moves didn't have much start up lag so his moves would come out kinda quick, but then they'll have decent ending lag.

Sorry if my ideas are kinda dry. My mind isn't working too well.... :(

metaXzero

Smash Champion
It's fine. But if you wanna, plz add on to what you said.

IIRC, Brawl Kirby doesn't have those stupid sweetspots on his F-Smash and U-Smash. Which should give him a KOing edge over Melee Kirby maybe?

Top Bottom