• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~~~~~~~~~

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
It's his downtilt - it spikes (meaning, it launches the opponent downwards without giving them the chance to instantly jump out or up-B out of the knockback - in short: death)

However it is very situational - if you know that your opponent is going to jump into the downtilt, it is indeed a great, flashy and effective read. But it seems to me, that it also is very easily avoided by not jumping, DIing, walljumping - the possibilities are endless.

I'd say it's a somewhat viable thing to do and useful to keep in mind- but don't take this kill for granted.

TuckVA

Smash Rookie
Thank you, I'll be sure to keep that in mind when playing. :)

Pud'N

Smash Cadet
something like this is good if they di down because it covers the instant double jump option (edguarding meteor cancel up b is cake)

Basically if they dont double jump but have di down you can still cover their recovery options.

Get accustomed to doing that with every character, something like a quick move (for YL Jab Dsmash Dtilt etc) with quick enough recovery and start up to immediately cover the hard to react to option while still being able to cover the easier ones.

Top Bottom